Friday, February 4, 2011

34 Week OB Appt

Well I had my 34 week appointment today and everything is looking great as usual. My measurements, weight, bp, Baby's heartrate, etc is all excellent. I saw the doctor who delivered Jaden for Stephanie and I liked her a lot. She answered a lot of questions for me about how she typically runs things for a labor and delivery so I feel totally great about the possiblity of her being the one on call when I go in. I go back for my next appointment in 2 weeks and they will start checking me every week then (!!!).

Ava is starting to understand this whole baby thing a lot better now, I think. It really helped that she got to see Stephanie and talk about Jaden in her belly and now see him in real life. (She held him yesterday for the first time, too, which was really sweet.) We have been reading her "I'm a Big Sister" book a lot (at her request) and she kisses and feels my belly move every day. She snuggles and rocks her baby dolls too so it'll be neat to see her taking care of them while I take care of Baby. :)

How Far Along?
34 weeks 1 day
Maternity Clothes?
pants FOR SURE, some maternity tops and some long regular tops
Stretch Marks?
I could literally feel myself growing last week and thought for sure I was going to get stretch marks but so far they're still absent (yay!)
Sleep?
I get up to go to the bathroom a few times each night but the time between those trips I sleep pretty well (and I nap like a champ many days!)
Best Moment the Last Couple Weeks:
Richard and I (99%) decided on a name last week... not telling yet :-x
Movement:
Baby Girl moves A LOT but the movements are no longer jabbing punches and kicks as she is running out of room. They are move sweeping movements and my belly looks like a waterbed when she moves, hehe.
Food Cravings?
I've been eating like a champ; pretty much anything and everything :)
Labor Signs?
The lower back pain and pressure from a couple weeks ago is mostly gone now and the Braxton Hicks contractions are no longer alarmingly close together, so I'd say no labor signs now (PTL!).
Belly Button In or Out?
flat/out
Rings On or Off?
no swelling - rings still on
Exercise?
I've kind of stepped up the workouts again. I do 3 days a week of super high rep, low weight strength training and 2 other days a week of light other stuff, like walking.
What I Miss:
sleeping on my stomach and not having to pee 800 times a day
What I am Looking Forward to:
seeing Richard when he gets here for R&R (hopefully before Baby comes)!
Milestones:
The doctor told me today that at their practice they do not stop labors for women who are 35+ weeks along. I am less than a week from being 35 weeks so... Baby Girl really could be here almost anytime!

No comments: