Friday, June 6, 2008

Feeling Better

Well I'm coming up on the end of week 12 and I think this hormonal nausea is finally subsiding at least. I've been making it for longer stretches of days in a row without throwing up and have gotten a better handle on what foods work and when. I've been able to eat more fruits, but vegetables are still lagging behind a bit. My midwife recommended supplementing what I am able to eat with SlimFasts (or something like it) between meals to get some extra calories. So far so good and it doesn't even taste too bad. :) My belly is starting to round out a little more now... nothing that a stranger would notice but enough that family and friends could see a difference in me. I talked to Richard last night and he may be coming back from California a couple days earlier than expected, which will be nice. It has felt weird without him here this past month, but I'm trying to prepare myself to go through the later stages of pregnancy without him as well if necessary. The latest deployment news (no official orders yet) make it sound pretty sure that he will be gone come my due date and probably unable to return until a month or so after at the earliest. I hope that isn't the case but, again, I'm trying to prepare mentally for whatever happens in this crazy Army life.
Good foods: Cheerios, Rice Krispies, grapefruits, oranges, lemons, red grapes, vegetable beef soup, popcorn, milk
Bad foods: well... I've pretty much only been eating the "good foods" lately :)
Until next time...

No comments: