Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sick and Pleasantly Surprised

Saturday morning I woke up with a sore throat and achy body. Over the next couple days that moved to a stuffy head, and yesterday went deep into my chest with a bad cough and a touch of nausea. After a really long day substitute teaching in a 5th grade class (and being scheduled to have that class all week) I decided that I really should go to the doctor. Not only did I feel terrible, I didn't want to risk getting an entire class sick too. This morning I woke up at about 7am so I could take the lesson plans back over to the school and start calling the doctor's appointment line to get an appointment for today. I am a couple days late for my period, which is not really unusual, but thought I should do a test so I could tell the doctor if I thought I could be pregnant or not when she asked. The test was positive!!! I couldn't believe it! I read the testing instructions again and yes, the plus sign really does mean positive! I turned on the lights in the bedroom and woke Richard up to show him... it was really cool that he was even home because he's usually at PT at that time of the morning. So we were definitely excited but not too trusting of the test - didn't want to get our hopes up too much. Well when I went to the doctor for my appointment I told her that I had a positive home pregnancy test this morning. She ran some bloodwork and along with finding out that I have a virus that has to just run its course, she also confirmed that I AM PREGNANT! How awesome to know so early and how good it feels that it happened right when we stopped worrying about it! :) I have an OB appointment scheduled for May 13, but without seeing the doctor yet I am estimating my due date to be about December 22.

No comments: