Sunday, April 20, 2008

Losing my Mind

The last couple days have been pretty good without too much nausea (and without much exposure to food smells), and I think I've pretty well beat this virus. There is one major thing, however, that I was not expecting... I have had terrible uncontrollable itching for the last 3 days. It's especially the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet and sometimes randomly everywhere else. It feels like a bad bug bite that itches SOOO bad and when you finally give in a scratch, it feels really good while you're scratching but doesn't take away the itch. I feel like I'm losing my mind because there is nothing I can do to help it! I read up on it and it sounds like some women experience this due to the increased estrogen production and the only advice seems to be staying well hydrated and using lots of lotion. I put some lotion in the refrigerator because the coolness feels good and I will continue to try that, but my skin doesn't really feel that dry. I don't know - maybe it's just something I will have to get used to... if that's possible.

No comments: