Monday, August 30, 2010

First Midwife Appointment

I am 11 weeks and 4 days pregnant today and had my first appointment with my midwife, Kyanna, this afternoon. It was great! She did a sonogram (again, unexpected since they never did that at the regular appointments in my last pregnancy) so I got to see Baby and was given some pictures to take home. Baby was super active moving all over the place while Kyanna was trying to get some basic measurements. It was so awesome to see! Also, I told Richard last night that my appointment was at 3pm today and to try to be available for a phone call around that time if he could. Where he is at training he only gets cell phone reception in certain places, and not in any buildings, so he kept walking outside to check in with me every few minutes until we were ready to listen to the heartbeat via doppler. Baby's heart was thumping about 170 beats per minute and Richard was able to hear it on speakerphone. (Next best thing to being there, right?)

My next appointment will be September 27, my birthday!, so I will definitely update again then if not before.

No comments: