Tuesday, October 7, 2008

29+ weeks!


I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has been flying by since I got past the first trimester of morning sickness! The whole second trimester went by in what felt like a couple weeks and so far the third trimester is ticking right along too. (Though I'm sure time will seem to stop completely when I get down to the last couple weeks, hehe.) I have still been substituting every day I'm needed and have been pretty good at finding ways to keep by body feeling supported and rested enough. I have also been eating really well and hope I haven't been gaining weight as rapidly as I did in my last 4 weeks between midwife appointments. :)

In the Daddy news... Richard has still not left for Iraq. At the end of last week they were saying it would be today or tomorrow. Now yesterday they said it will probably be Saturday or even Monday or Tuesday of next week. While we're obviously grateful for every extra minute we get together right now, it's emotionally wearing to prepare for the separation and then be told 'not quite yet.' That just means we have to breathe easy for another day or two and then prepare again. So we're just in this hurry up and wait pattern. Also, right now Richard is thinking he will try to come home for R&R in March or April. Baby will be about 3 or 4 months old, so that will be a little more interactive time for him to spend with her. I can't wait for them to meet!

Here's my 29 week picture! I have an appointment next Thursday and will update again then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nell, u and Richard have really been on my heart lately. I've been praying extra hard that God might extend the time before he leaves... It might be hard to prepare and then wait, but it is one more day.Just wanted u to know we have you both in our prayers. We love you lots!! -Lindsey

Tara Huffman Santiago said...

Oh my goodness!! The Army did the same thing when Richie was deploying...it was going to be on the 15th of Sept, then it was anytime between the 15th through the 19th...then he ended up not leaving until the 24th!! Definitely an emotional roller coaster...I didn't know Richard was deploying. I'll definitely keep ya'll in my prayers too. Before we know it, were gonna be WOMEN OF STEEL!! Hehe! Saying good bye is tough, actually one of the hardest things I've ever done. Remember to NOT count days or weeks, just months, and he will be home before you know it! Only 12 months to go!!

Tara Santiago