Friday, September 26, 2008

Dragging a Little

Well I filled in as a substitute teacher 4 out of 5 days this week and ran errands on my off day. I can feel a definite difference in my body as far as physical energy and stamina after this week. I don't think I mentioned it in my last post, but at my last appointment my weight was up about 16 or 17 pounds from my pre-pregnancy normal. So I guess it makes sense that after being on my feet all day with a strange distribution of all that extra weight, my feet and back are tired and aching (although I have not experienced any swelling yet). I know it will only get worse (and I will have to make myself rest a little more) as baby and I continue to grow... I guess it just feels a little overwhelming because these unpleasantries came on pretty quickly - just in the last week and a half or so. I read somewhere that women have to get more and more uncomfortable until eventually by the end of the pregnancy they would do anything to be "unpregnant," otherwise they wouldn't have the grit and determination to go through the labor and delivery process. I think at this rate I will be ready to do anything to get this little rascal into the world. :)

In other news, there will be a Deployment Ceremony next Tuesday... and then Richard will be leaving in about 2 weeks. They are trained up and prepared and are overall ready to go. I don't know that it has fully hit me yet... I feel like I'm as mentally and otherwise prepared as I can be but I think emotions may run wild when I actually drive him to their point of departure. Prayers please!!!

Okay I guess that's all for now... more to come in the near future! ~Danelle

No comments: