Wednesday, September 10, 2008

25+ Weeks and Feeling Great!

So I'm about 25 1/2 weeks today and feel awesome. I've still been walking almost daily and have been trying to continue eating healthy. I have an appointment with my midwife next Friday, so we'll see where my weight gain is at that point. Here's what's happening in this 26th week according to my What to Expect When You're Expecting book: "Your baby now weighs a full 2 pounds and measures in at 9+ inches long (crown to rump = head to butt). Your baby's eyes are beginning to open. The eyelids have been fused for the past few months (so the retina could develop). So, your baby is now able to see -- though there's not much to see in the dark confines of her uterine home. But with the heightened sense of sight and hearing that your baby now possesses, you may notice an increase in activity when your baby sees a bright light or hears a loud noise." Amazing, isn't it? And speaking of activity, Baby's movements have changed in the last week or so too. I am still feeling little jolting kicks and punches but am also feeling more complete movements across my belly. This morning I felt what I think was a foot move like 4 or 5 inches across me. I love this baby girl so much already! I can't believe I'll be meeting her in about 3 months!
Bad Foods: none really (besides ones that I normally don't care for)
Cravings: CEREAL!!!
Exercise: walking 30-45 minutes most days
Daddy: excited :) - still deploying in early October :(

No comments: