Thursday, November 3, 2016

Another Kind of Appointment Scheduled

I have been going to a chiropractor weekly for the last year or so. Regular adjustments have been awesome both before and during pregnancy. Now with labor and child birth just around the corner AND the possibility that Baby is currently breech, I sought out a chiropractor in the area who specializes in pregnancy care and is well experienced in the Webster technique. The Webster technique is a specific sacral adjustment that helps facilitate the mother's pelvic alignment and nerve system function. This in turn balances pelvic muscles and ligaments and reduces torsion to the uterus which offers a greater potential for optimal fetal positioning. Plus, regardless of Baby's position, proper alignment for my body will hopefully equate to a short, smooth labor and delivery.

So I have my first appointment with this doctor on Friday morning. I'm looking forward to it! She would like to see me a couple times before my next OB appointment so we can see how/if Baby is positioned after a couple adjustments.

No comments: