Thursday, November 4, 2010

Smart Little Bug

So I just have to say that Ava might be a little genius. Yes, I'm a little partial as her mom, but still. :) We read books all the time and she can identify so many things that are hilarious and ridiculous. (astronaut, accordion, anchor, banjo, dinosaur, drill, easel, eagle, flute, flamingo, guitar, hay, hippopotamus, harmonica, iguana, jump rope, jewelry, jack-in-the-box, kazoo, koala, laptop, lock, nutcracker, needle, porcupine, starfish, unicorn, vulture, whistle, wrench, x-ray) Those are just the ones that are funny to hear her say or are funny that she knows at all (from one of her books). She knows all her basic colors and can correctly identify them. Ex: "Ava, what color is your shirt?" "Green!" She can count to ten and can identify about half of the letters in the alphabet. Usually when she sees me on the computer she wants to sit on my lap and point out the letters on the keyboard. Right now she is outside playing with Uncle Jordan and Uncle Shane. :) She is starting to understand plurality and tenses. Ex on tense: "BB tooted" instead of "BB toot." She is also grasping the concept of time in some capacity. We were driving the other day and she wanted a snack. I couldn't reach the goldfish and we were going to stop soon so I told her "You can have a snack in a little bit. We need to ride in the truck for a little bit longer and when we stop you can have a snack." And she added "Not yet." "That's right, not yet." Really!?!?
Mom says I was very much like that at her age and that I knew all the books of the Bible by age three, haha! Anyway, she's such a cutie and learning every second of every day. I just had to brag on her a bit. :) 21 week pregnancy picture coming as soon as I get someone to take it.

No comments: